Human Resources Advisor / ManagerActions
Dauphin Consumers Co-op is hiring a Human Resources Advisor / Manager (Term, Maternity Leave) to join our Leadership Team.
Who we are:
Dauphin Consumers Co-op is part of the Co-operative Retailing System, and a successful multi-million-dollar retail business located in Dauphin and Ste. Rose, Manitoba – the heart of the Parkland Region.
Dauphin Co-op’s vision is to “Enrich the Life of Our Communities”, and we do so by making a difference by building valued relationships with our Members, Team Members and Communities one interaction at a time. With over 12,000 members and 180 employees across 7 locations and multiple commodities, we are a leader in our trading area in providing these goods and services as well as employment opportunities for our communities.
As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit our website.
The Human Resources department functions to support all Talent & Culture strategies. In this role, you will work closely with all levels of the organization, providing direction and coaching to ensure human resource initiatives are implemented to build and sustain a high performing, engaged, and motivated team.
The Human Resources Department focuses on the following areas:
• Talent Management: You contribute to the development and implementation of various talent management initiatives. Coaching and assisting the leadership team in recruitment, talent acquisition, onboarding, and performance management practices is an important role to the position. Guiding the Leadership Team, you are responsible for ensuring engagement, competency development, and professional growth of team members.
• Employee and Labour Relations: Responsible for overseeing the collective bargaining process, ensuring the accurate administration of the collective bargaining. You will provide coaching and assistance with the disciplinary process, including formulating communication and conducting investigations when required. Acting in a confidential capacity in matters relating to labour relations is imperative.
• Payroll and Benefit Administration: Overseeing and administration of accurate payroll and benefit administration including processing, balancing, auditing, and reconciliations.
Responsibilities and duties of the role will be reflective of qualifications.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Human Resources and:
• Have post-secondary education in Human Resources or related field. CPHR designation is considered an asset.
• Have 2-3 years of applicable experience.
• Have a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and strong computer skills.
• You’re honest with a high level of integrity and authenticity, and able to effectively communicate based on the unique needs of different audiences.
• Are organized and results-oriented, holding yourself and others accountable to meet commitments.
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
If interested in this position, we invite you to submit an updated resume and cover letter by to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.